Our Shared Values and Behaviours
The whole staff team at Oak Farm Junior School have developed a set of shared values and behaviours that they believe in, and which now form the cornerstone for all future school developments.
- The whole staff team are committed to the holistic development of every child.
- The whole staff team set high expectations, challenging children to reach their full potential, while also celebrating their success and achievement.
- The whole staff team strive for effective communication, co-operation and support, to ensure the sharing and ongoing development, of quality first teaching.
- The whole staff team are committed to delivering high quality teaching which engages every child.
- The whole staff team are dedicated and committed to their task, whilst also ensuring a healthy work/life balance for themselves and each other.
Opened in 1935, the Junior School is situated on the 1st floor above Oak Farm Infant School. It has 12 classrooms plus a brand new Learning Zone, specialist rooms for Music, French and DT, Special Needs Room, Medical Room, Offices, Hall with stage and P.E. apparatus, and a Curriculum Kitchen. There is also an adventure trail, gazebo, tyre park and an extensive playing field.
There is a small garden with pond and an on-going project to produce and maintain wildlife areas and nature trails within the school grounds. The development of the playground and play areas was funded by the Friends of Oak Farm (the P.T.A.) who continue to provide financial support to the school.
In September 1999 Oak Farm became a Foundation School which will enable the Headteacher and Governors to retain many of the advantages enjoyed when a Grant Maintained School. The school continues to maintain close links with local schools and buys in many services offered by the Local Authority.
The school follows the National Curriculum and the education provided for the pupils from 7-11 is free. We admit 90 pupils of mixed ability per year group.
The school has recently been awarded the Silver Eco Schools Mark, and the Science Mark.